Thursday, February 9, 2012

So this is our last goodbye

I woke you up even though it was really early and so dark and cold. I know you hate waking up that early but I had to so you could lock the door after me when I left for the airport. I was fully dressed, had the bags packed and everything prepared by the door so my exit would be quick and smooth. I remember I stood by your bed for a moment and contemplated not waking you up, to let you sleep and not feel the cold floor on your feet and see the dark outside that you hate so much.

A soft touch against your arm but you woke up immediately and I didn’t know it was the last time we would see each other so I just apologized for waking you up so early. When it was still so cold and so dark. You walked me to the door and I hurried my steps and whispered that you should go back to bed and reminded you that I didn’t mean to wake you up so early, but that I had to so you could lock the door after me.

I wanted to be quick cause all I could think about was to leave so you could go back to bed and sleep. Not here with me where it was so early and so cold and so dark. You smiled and said it was fine, that I shouldn’t worry. I hugged you and I imagine I told you how much I love you and then you closed the door and locked it after me and went back to the warm cozy bed to sleep and we would never meet again.

No comments: