Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The politeness of acting like you’re game

Refilled my poor prepaid card just now and boy was that a trip. Had to be connected to the manual assistant as I completed epic fails trying to do it all digital and follow recorded instructions.

They, the very kind actually, people there are really…mm good at talking. Their mouth won’t stop. One breath one million things said in one minute. After a bit of too many “eh, what” I realized this was going nowhere and I tried to only focus on listening after her rare pauses.

“This aught to be my cue”, I thought and jumped in as soon as it sounded like my turn to talk. Minimizing my damages I constrained it to simple, “yes” and “ok” only to finish it off with a very ballsy “Thank you very much, you’ve been most kind”. But of course she went for that with claws and open jaws as she shattered my nerves with another huge sentence of wishful greetings, approving confirmations about my prescription and overly informative sayings about god knows what. I need a nap. Thank god for Thanksgiving coming up.

No comments: