Wednesday, October 28, 2009

iPod & Nike+ co-existing: FAIL

My, fairly newly, purchased iPod will not combine forces with my Nike+ device. It simply won’t pop up on the screen. Everything, seems, to be in order. Nothing wrong. "I’ll let a pro decide what’s wrong", I shrewdly pondered and tramped all the way to the Apple Store to have the verified pro and Apple Store clerk, explain* and fix it for me.

He clicked on it, span the wheel a few times. I know this, cause I watched him from the safe distance of, me: customer, you: pro, you: fix –area to await for his magic to happen.

Then he entered their own, Apple-homepage, and I followed his movements with the mouse. It was very nervous moves and it became more and more clear that this gentleman, who owned every little physical characteristic a tech-nerd should posses, had absolutely no idea how and what to do nor help, with this major issue of mine. Browsing the web didn't seem to help him either. Especially when I leaned over and glanced at the screen to see that he was investigating the complete wrong false, and then quickly giggled with a "oups" and started using all of the mouse-maneuvers you can produce to copy-paste a word (without the simplest; apple c) and then clicked a few more times and grumped, to emphasize his acts and interest in solving this matter as he did it.

He kindly gave it back to me after just about the time he must have felt was necessary to avoid all further “But you haven’t done anything – nonetheless looked at it, dude” issues and told me to Google the problem before I should come in with it. Google the problem. Jesus. Dear. And fucking. Christ. I have hard time explaining my emotions now so I won’t.


*Not necessary

No comments: