Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Perfect Monday

Morning started with the tunes of Animal Collective’s Fireworks and you knew something special was in the doings. When lunch was suggested at the Vietnamese Café without you having to nag about it and when later, I was crowned Captain of the official ping-pong team, you almost felt deceived, “why is everything running so smoothly today, is this my own 'perfect Truman Show', and everyone’s in on the gag but me?” Luckily, so far, it seems like it's not.

Received happy emails and smiled and then I conned Thea and Domingo to join spontaneous-Monday-decisions and go to watch District 9 after work, “very wise, Christian” I heard them not saying as we left for dinner first. I’ve only eaten delivery-style from Mooncake before so that is where we sat down. I literally had to pinch my arm and delivered the “this was the best meal I’ve ever had” for the second time today and we left.

Off to Union Square and bought our tickets. Unfortunately it didn’t start until 10.20pm, fortunately Thea knew “a great Brazilian bar around the corner” so we each had a coconut Mojito. Now for anyone who knows me, you know that dying happy is very close by now and I actually embraced the world on our way to the theatre.

Then we watched the film. What can I say. Not sure I’ve ever seen anything like it before. It was one of the most intense and amazing and different films I’ve seen. Without becoming all pretentious or different in the way only difficult art-people like. No this is clever entertainment gone twist meeting adrenaline meeting “yes”. Different done nicely.

No comments: