Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two things I need to work on/do

Starting to feel all very New York and then it hits you. The moments that puts you right back at Canal Street glancing at the I ♥ NY tees tees, not knowing where all the best restaurants are when friends come visiting, being all wrong for the past couple of months which direction is north from outside the window where you sit all day, not knowing your close neighborhood like your back pocket, feeling completely lost just by the thought of taking the sub anywhere near anywhere remote (aka not the office), and many, many more stuff. Stuff that just so clear but cruel show what a tourist you still are and probably will be.

But the one thing I’m most troubled about is walking between the subway cars. I plan to do it on the Williamsburg Bridge between Marcy Av and Essex St. Out in the open and admire the view as I commit this violation to MTA rules. Twice has the opportunity emerged when I really should have just done it. When riding with crazy-boy Rasmus; there’s no way he would have turned my proposal down. Last time was today. Got on the train just upfront, just a little bit wrong from where my exit is and needed to advance forward and when a guy did just that I spotted my chance. Instead I just remained. Frozen to the ground, steadily holding the railing and hid my intentions with a smile and a stare at the other direction so no one would actually expect what I was planning on doing but then chickened out.

No comments: