Thursday, June 11, 2009

Nuts

Developed a huge interest, or should I say addiction, towards nuts lately. Foolishly and naively telling myself that what I’ve been taught through beauty magazines (that I’ve read when visiting my mom of course) are true. Nuts are nature’s candy. Or is that fruit? Doesn’t really matter to be honest cause I’m talking about nuts now. Even the package says “The Smart Alternative”, and I trust package design and package copy. A lot. I’m an ad-man myself so I know we never lie [or even exaggerate].

Needless to say, nuts cover a wide range of variations. Favorite ones are obviously the Pistachios. But earns they’re cons for the hustle of peeling and therefore stops the continuous flow of nuts streaming in your mouth. So I switched (I still have pistachios, so it’s only a temporarily switch – or should I say – an addition to Pistachios) to Almonds. Those babies are hard to go wrong with I know. But I did. I was in decisions (GHA! These brutal decisions in life!) between the Smoked and the Salted ones and went for both (always wise, thanks). The smoked ones tasted like BBQ meat and were ok, but nothing more. Salty ones were delicious.

And just now, I bought Honey Cashew. Felt very hesitant but I have to give them a good rating. Their con is their overwhelming share of salt/sugar that completely covers them. Like a thick layer. Looks great though is probably unhealthy as hell, so they deserve their pros to. But Salty Almonds, they don’t even carry a layer of anything. Just the pure dark nut ready to be eaten. Quickly. And in quantity.

No comments: