Friday, June 26, 2009

Mini-magic subway moment

Stood next to another crying baby in a stroller on the subway. Did my best to pretend to smile and keep my calm. Even did funny faces to the infant to make it stop but it was futile. Then this huge Latino hip-hop kinda looking guy, all dressed in multiple x-large clothing, cap on his head and bling bling all over walked in and immediately smiled toward the baby and said, “God bless her”. I thought I was startled by the surprise comment but the mother was evidently too and stumbled “thanks”, but it was nothing compared to the baby who shone up and stopped her noise and think I could even spot the glimpse of a beam on her face. Not to be too religious, but I do have strong faith in passing warmth and always staying positive. Good stuff, keep trucking.

No comments: