Monday, June 29, 2009

Five or maybe ten times

My computer is going haywire on me. Completely losing it and insanely annoys me when it from nowhere, shuts itself down. Or actually it doesn’t shut down completely, only the screen. “Switch it back on again” you rant and really don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. I may not be a tech-wizard, but I have tried a lot of different options. I guarantee you. Working simultaneously on a few unsaved projects is a good measurement of how willing you are before restarting your computer. This you have to trust me on. Like now, when typing this text, I’m literally saving it almost in between every sentence. There. Just did it. And again.

Issue numero due is also comfortable. You can’t just restart the damn thing. For some convenient reason you have to do it several times. All the time you obviously hear the computer reboots itself with all the distinct sounds that goes with it. But it’s only by the fifth or tenth time it actually goes back on. “Tell your tech-genius at the office” I hear some brain howl from the smart-ass-internet-door. Thank you very much, but done it so many times it’s starting to get antique. Worth mentioning is also that the intervals between shut downs have moved from once in a while (could pass entire days) to five minute snippets. So. That’s it for me. Carry on.

No comments: