Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Behind the counter

They keep an awful lot of stuff behind the counter at the local delis/supermarkets here. Toothbrushes, shampoo, shaving gel/foam, toothbrushes etc. if you noticed that I put toothbrush twice it’s because it’s very dear to me.

I enjoy brushing my teeth. Well. Therefore the toothbrush has grown in significance to me and something I don’t want to purchase freestyle-style. I like to read about it, feel and touch it. See if this is something that I want to put in my mouth more than once and particularly – something I would enjoy doing.

Back to the grocery store. Stuck behind the damn counter with a cashier who doesn’t really give that much a damn about your personal cravings nor desires. So, in strong need of a new one I acted upon impulse yesterday at Billy’s Supermarket.

“I want the Colgate one”, I shouted when she asked me if there was anything else. Pointed on the blue one but she persistently grabbed the wrong one the entire time.

Stayed cool but even people behind me started to get frustrated, clearly on my side with their agony directed towards the crazy lady who couldn’t depict blue from red but when she finally managed I heard them all sigh in relief (thanks guys for the support, appreciate it!).

Verdict you ask? I now have a toothbrush I’m not entirely proud or satisfied with. All because of lack of customer support and poorly located items in-store.

No comments: