Monday, May 4, 2009

Sugar-rush-substitute

This whole giving-up-candy doesn’t seem to work for me. I feel really good about not eating it anymore. But their no prizes in decipher what I’ve substituted it with. And yes. It tends to be a lot more ice cream that originally planned/intended/schemed for. Not obsessive much (of course it is) but more than I+beach ‘09 body wish. Managed the whole first week without any kind of substitute*. Then second week emerged from out of the blue** and stroke without redemption or consideration and before I knew it I had discovered all the new flavors from Ben&Jerry’s than you could possibly imagine existed. “…anything but” (or something similar clever) is still my main major favorite thus far, though "Battered Brownie" and immortal classic, "Banana Split" comes close. So where does it end/take us? Fudge-downhill and land on scopes of ice cream, rekindle the candy instead, or carry on and just cut down on all of it? Only time will tell. But I’m damn keen to find out. So exciting.


*Let’s all be kind, hold hands together and not count gallons of Coke Zero and cookies to this, shall we.

**Actually from Sunday.

No comments: