Monday, May 25, 2009

Amazing weekend

Friday. The weekend opened with the possibility to leave work at three and reality of five. Still, a few hours sooner than usually, so I did some shopping. Discovered I have a crush on American Apparel and embraced that by buying too many shirts I don’t need plus a pair of suspenders I surely won’t use. Got home and played music and laughed with two thirds of my roomies and later off to Tortilla Flats and met up with the Thofte brothers, Hampus and Rasmus, Fred and a greek guy I can’t remember the name of and too much sangria before karaoke almost ended the evening.

Saturday. I courageously walked from Williamsburg to Manhattan, and even managed to find my way (yes, very New York), to meet Chris, Hampus + brother, Rasmus for a beer and then home early. Chris left the minute I arrived and would like to say that we bonded well, and I remained with the brothers and joined them for dinner at BYOB. Yes happy people, bring your own booze, very New York-feel and a lot of other people including Rasmus’ old high school sweetheart, Nathalie who surprisingly was there too. Then Sing Sing. Yes party people, karaoke. Sara + boyfriend and many more joined too. It was unbelievable. Haven’t sung that much since Shanghai and dinät want the night to ever end. Sadly, it did though. Here are photos from Nathalie's blog from there.

Sunday was all planned to be dedicated to my newly bought Yankees ice cream but ended with us throwing a huge good bye dinner at our place for the lovely Swedish girls who left today. That evening included models, which is always/everything a party/dinner should consist of. I can hint we ate little or no carbohydrates and the dish is known as, salad.

Monday. Memorial day = no work. Hurra! Went to the pier by the Hudson and had picnic with Jon, his lovely wife Miranda and Demelza and Erik and Corinna joined later on. Jon had a lovely new tattoo all across his chest with the immortal words, "Everything is shit, except you love". Many gay men in Speedos jumping around and a "tan" that goes beyond comparison of how you want to look completed a perfect weekend and dinner and The Hills are about to finish it right now.