Monday, March 23, 2009

Morning run change of view

Woke up this morning, like every other Swede* to a new-sprayed landscape of clean, white snow. Slightly moistly from the temperature, that is in huge conflict with the weather – and starting to grasp the fact that spring is on the way, but still laid there neatly on the ground.

And as I can imagine I wasn’t the only one, mumbling a quiet “o fuck” when I saw it, I laced up and went to get the run “over with”. Out of the way. And as I closed towards the only other person I saw, I noticed that the old lady stopped and looked like she waited for me. Before I had time to think weirdo I approached her, and she looked at me, smiled and said, “Isn’t it beautiful?” in a very, very strong German accent and I swiftly replied “yes!” and carried on.

It was that easy. And the worse part is that it’s usually even easier to forget, forget how easy it is to look and everything from the right perspective. Hurrah!

*Stockholmer

No comments: