Thursday, January 1, 2009

All is quiet on New Years day

"I don't really know Christian, but I heard he's really, really funny. We almost competed to have him at the table - is he fun, Sophie?"

And like that is the standard and expectations set when I'm outside to have some fresh air while the others do their best to inhale bad. The dinner and party was absolutely amazing. Much better than expected, which isn't hard, cause I hadn't any.
But that's besides the point. Top three New Years eve.
Easy.
It was fun even though people had some weird assumptions about me. Ok, if you're funny. But who's ever funny on demand like that.

"Say something funny. Go on!"

Felt the responsibility to take the role as a mild clown. I started thinking when I usually consider myself a smile.
Like when relaxed.
But that's usually amongst men. Men that I know. Men I feel comfortable with. And then I joke about myself. Not in a flattering way.
And now, here I was, out in nowhere with (some) people I just met and now I was supposed to be funny. By demand. Or expectations.
But it went alright I guess. I ignored the pressure by cheering the evening away.

No comments: