Thursday, October 16, 2008

Internet access

Bought a new mobile almost solely to be able to use it as a modem to my laptop and surf around the web wherever I wanted to be. When that didn’t work out as planned (I’ll return to why, later, I’m still too furious to type about it) I started frequent the only free-Internet café I know.
And it’s great, the staff is nice and coffee good.
Except I feel like a complete moron.
I have the compulsory urge to buy something every half an hour or so. It’s really awkward to have become a regular here. Let alone how their prices make you feel.
Because I don’t want to. I’d rather sit in my underwear in the couch (or bed – if I want to) and scroll through the web however I chose to.
Now I sit buttoned up in a shirt and a straight back and immediately hide my Facebook page whenever a stranger, or even worse – the waitress – pass me by.

No comments: