Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Dark Knight that became Man vs Wild

Went home in perfect mood for a second view of Dark Knight.
But the film refused to stop jumping in sequences and kept shutting off the audio. I struggled for a good hour but it was too unbearable and I felt a deep urge to quit my life there and then.
Miserably and deeply sad I flicked on to Discovery channel and the bizarre little Brit who keeps eating goat testicles, maggots and finish it off with drinking “the fluids from really fresh elephant pooh” in weird locations around the globe, was on and I smiled again.
He does this with a very strong believe that this information is:
1. Vital for any other human being.
2 Will help some other poor fella who’s left in the desert/jungle/etc with no other option than to lavish on raw insects.
He’s deep determination and pure passion (I seriously don’t think he crawls into the tent to sleep at night nor eat any other food than whatever he finds around the outback, he’s to insane to be fake) of this is contagious though, and – if – I end up in the amazons of Venezuela caught in a muddy river – I know how to use my shirt as a filter to get fresh (maybe naaah) drinking water.
But despite it’s outrageously entertaining, I keep thinking of his camera-crew. What must they not think of him?
Especially late at night with some beers and nice BBQ meat over the cozy campfire, singing songs absolutely hammered.

No comments: