Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Being a bastard #2

Went into a ridiculous fight a lot of years ago. Passing someone on a dark street, “accidentally” bumping into each other and BOOM, the “let’s settle this phrase” was uttered.
No need to say this is was at high altitude on the drunk-scale.
Argued, fought and went on with our lives. So I thought it would be displayed.
And just big BTW. A fight, and especially drunk-fights, are never ever as “cool” as it looks in the movies. Too drunk people have never achieved those clean punches, agile bodily maneuvers and straight kicks like they do in the movies. Any bystander was witness of this.
Nothing really happening except air-hits and unintentionally falling to the ground etc (all without any real contact).
Long story short. Ended up at the Police station a few weeks later. The guy had sued me for beating him up. Of course I sued him right back, but told the police that this was "just a misunderstanding" and that “nothing really happened”, and I heard how silly it sounded and felt a strong connection to all innocent life-sentenced prisoners, wrongly jailed.
She read his statement loud to me and when she got to the “description of the accused” something caught my close attention.
My mind had frozen on the detailed explanation of my physical appearance.
“White male with a very large nose.”
Appaled, and remarkably offended - I really regretted I hadn’t beaten the guy up.

No comments: