Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Complaining

This is probably my least favorite feature of all the things you can do.
It never ever brings out something good and only contracts energy from people around you.
And since attitudes are contagious keeping a positive/optimistic spirit becomes even more important.
You have to do the same as being humble: if you don’t have it – fake it. Cause the energy you derive from someone by complaining is so annoyingly selfish that it should be illegitimated and people breaking it should be banned from their jobs until they come back and say something positive.
I try to live by this motto and this is why I find it so, so hard right now to say…anything, to the poor little new girl who ordered food for me two days in a row and failed miserably twice.
And this is not an extreme duty or a huge brick of responsibility I lay on her shoulders, it’s simply because the menu clearly states, “please speak Chinese”.
Yesterday it took two hours and several reminders, today it took two and a half hours before I, notably upset, walked pass the reception desk and bought my own food, of course without really complaining.
Either this is an act of very respectfulness or just plain old lame Swedish.
Exhibit A, your honor.
Replacement food, and as much as I enjoy raw fish on a roll
- it's not noodles with beef in soya sauce.

No comments: